Thursday, August 7, 2008

New Countertops Equal Happy???

I drive past a cabinet and countertop store on my way home from work every day. They have an electronic billboard out front that they seem to like to change regularly. It's very nice of them to change it up often, but I found their last two messages to be fairly annoying.

A couple of weeks ago, the billboard proclaimed "Be The Joneses". Oh, brother. Give me a break! Does anyone really fall for that? Check this article out before you run out for new cabinets if you fight with wanting to "be the Joneses".

This past week, the store had a new message for commuters. "New Countertops Equal Happy" the sign declared when I drove past on my way home last night. Are you serious? Do they really expect me to believe that? An inspiring article I read this week demonstrates that there are those out there that really know what does equal happiness.

Have you read any billboards lately that made you roll your eyes? I'd love to hear about them in the comments!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm sure I pass them everyday, but am momentarily at a loss after the two you mentioned.

Leslie said...

There's a new housing development of "McMansions" going in across from us, they use the same "Be the Joneses" sign. It makes me mad too...

Anonymous said...

So sad!

Engineer said...

I feel sorry for the guy who drives past the sign whose last name actually is Jones!

The only sign I pass (not really a billboard) on the way to work is one that reads "Shame on Lakeland construction". I'm not sure I'll ever *really* understand union politics.

Anonymous said...

@mueller:
I pass that sign on one of the ways I sometimes take to work, too. I keep thinking, "Wouldn't these guys rather be working than standing here all day?" The days must go by sooo slowly!

worldfree4u-lol.online said...

Great and Very Informative Post. Thank You For Sharing This. Found Something More Interesting And Profitable Here. Get $100 instant in Your Paypal Account Free For A Limited Time. Must Check This Out.