Friday, January 4, 2008

Favorite Blog Post 1/4/08

If you read yesterday's post, I was in a pretty good mood about halfway through the day. That all changed at about 5:30pm, when I realized that I lost the pedometer I got for Christmas. It was clipped to my jeans and must have slipped off while I was out and about shopping. I am sooo bummed! Somebody who was at Walmart or the grocery store yesterday has a really awesome pedometer now :-(
*Update: Just for the heck of it, I called the grocery store this afternoon. Someone turned my pedometer in! I can't believe it. It kind of renews my confidence in people, you know? :)

Anyway, my favorite blog post from this past week is from Free Money Finance.

Is a Roth IRA Really Better than a Non-Matched 401k?

The idea in this article is that since we don't know what will happen with taxes in 30 years, we don't really know if a ROTH is as beneficial as we think it is. I liked the article because I have the option to switch over to the ROTH 401(k) at my workplace and haven't done so yet. I realized when reading this article that the reason I've been putting it off is because I kind of like having the diversification of both the tax-deferred and the tax-free accounts. Interesting stuff!

Also, please check out the Carnival of Financial Goals. My 2008 goals were included in the list, along with tons of other good stuff and some really cute pictures!

No comments: