Thursday, January 3, 2008

Good Things!

I love days like today! No, not because it's negative 2 degrees outside (I hate the cold!). Here is why I like today:

-My $500 employer match showed up in my 401(k)! It wasn't a surprise, my match always shows up at the end of the year. It's just nice to see my balance jump by $500 without my having to do anything :)

-I earned a 9.06% rate of return in my 401(k) for 2007! This isn't a fantastic number considering that I have some funds that have averaged over 12% per year in my ROTH. Still, I think it's respectable considering the blah way the market ended in 2007.

-I put the last $40 into our honeymoon fund! We finished paying for our all-inclusive honeymoon package last month (mostly with money we received when we got married), but we also wanted $1000 in spending money. I have been saving a little from each paycheck into that fund and with the $40 I put in today, it's at $1000! Now we can swim with a dolphin when we go to Jamaica in two weeks - yah :)

I hope your 2008 is starting out as well as mine is. God Bless!

2 comments:

wealthy_1 said...

Time for the happy dance!

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

Jessica said...

Congrats! How exciting it is to be able to do things that you want to on your honeymoon. We used almost all of our wedding money on our honeymoon. We didnt have much money at that time, so it was a lot of fun!

Now, on to the fun things...Life insurance, Health insurance (thanks for the comment on my page :) ), 1st vacation as a married couple. Of course, you get to be the newleyweds everywhere you go now too.

Glad 2008 is on the right foot for you!