Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Financial Goals 2008: March Update

I can't believe we're already two months into 2008! I thought this would be a good time to update you on our 2008 goals.


1. ROTH IRA's. As you can see from my progress bar on the side of the screen, my husband and I are really close to our goal of having our 2007 ROTH contributions maxed out. We are also automatically contributing to our 2008 ROTHs and have a balance there of $500 each. Our goal is to have $4000 in each of our 2008 ROTHs.


2. New Car Fund. We are saving for our next car in our brokerage account, which is invested in low-risk mutual funds. With additional investments and (amazingly) a little bit of market gain, we are up $389 in this fund since the first of the year. Our goal is to increase the balance by $3900 by the end of the year.


3. Emergency Fund. This is in a high-yield savings account. We currently have $525 added out of a goal of $2600.


4. New Siding Fund. As soon as our ROTHs are maxed out for 2007, I'm going to be working really hard on this fund. My husband and I also plan on putting our economic stimulus rebates into this fund since my husband really wants to put the new siding on by the end of the summer. We currently have $780 contributed of our $4000 goal.


So far, I'd say we're pretty well on track to meet our goals. How are you doing on your goals for 2008 (financial or non-financial)?

1 comment:

Ms. M&P said...

Wow. Nice job! Can you believe it's almost the end of the first quarter?? That means we should all be close to 25% through our annual goals. crazy! Looks like you're ahead of the game ;)