Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Goals Mini-Update

I've had some recent successes and frustrations, so I thought it would be a good time for a 2008 goals mini-update! I'll just update on the areas that have had recent changes.

2007 Roth's are fully funded! I made the last contribution this week. I have updated the progress bar on the side to show the progress on funding our 2008 Roth's now.

We received our escrow check! Removing our escrow wasn't a 2008 goal, but I had $500 that I was able to put into our new siding fund as a result of closing the escrow account. That was an awesome unexpected bonus.

Our state tax refund hasn't shown up. This is the frustration mentioned at the beginning of this post. I was hoping that our state tax refund would show up in time to cover most of the federal taxes that we need to pay in. I've been checking the status of the state tax refund on our state's website, and it doesn't even show that they've received our return, even though I sent it in the middle of February. The State of Wisconsin did this to me last year, too, when I received my refund at the end of June! I think it's because of my HSA. At any rate, it looks like I'll probably have to take money out of our emergency fund to cover the federal taxes and pay the emergency fund back once the state refund shows up. Grrrr!

Things are going to be a little tight for the next few months because of two trips my husband and I are taking within three weeks of each other (one's a wedding). After that, no more expensive vacations for the rest of 2008. We need a break!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome on the Roths!! :) Paid Twice mentioned today that funding at this age is so much more important than funding later. It takes a lot less to get the same results!

Ms. M&P said...

Yes, congrats on the Roth! Your future self will be profusely thanking you.

I can't believe you had to wait until June last year to get your state refund! That's nuts!

wealthy_1 said...

Congrats on fully funding the Roths! You're right. From time to time we need to step back and look how far we've come!

Continued success!

Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone!