Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Little Bit Mad At Myself

I rear-ended a lady in an SUV on Monday. I feel pretty stupid because it's a weird intersection and I've almost done that exact same thing once before. *sigh*

Luckily, it was at a very low speed, so there definitely wasn't any damage to her SUV, and there wasn't even any damage to my puny Mustang! We pulled into a nearby parking lot and exchanged names. The lady said she didn't think she got whiplash, but that she'd see how she felt in the morning.

This is where I got worried. You see, I've worked in the auto insurance industry, and I know how people love to go to the doctor or chiropracter right after an auto accident. Any excuse for a free back adjustment, right? It happened all the time. So far, I haven't heard from her. I'm hoping I won't!

My husband and I have really cheap auto insurance right now. We've both been accident- and claim-free for over 5 years, so we get some pretty good discounts. I'd hate to lose that!

Anybody have a funny/interesting/frustrating auto accident story? Share in the comments!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Glad to hear you and the cars are ok. Accidents are no fun...

ladybugblue said...

DANG - how frustrating is that?! So glad you're ok!

Anonymous said...

Very glad to hear no one was injured and the vehicles are all right. Hopefully everything remains good!