Saturday, February 9, 2008

Easy Lasagna Recipe

I seem to be slowly becoming famous for my lasagna. I think it has something to do with the fact that lasagna is my husband's favorite food ;)

At any rate, I've been asked numerous times for my lasagna recipe, so I am going to post it today! I love this recipe because you don't have to cook the noodles. I hate handling cooked lasagna noodles, they're so hard to work with. This recipe is super-easy.

Easy Lasagna

Ingredients
- 3/4 of a 16 oz. box of lasagna noodles
- 1 pound cottage cheese (I use low-fat small-curd)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. parsley flakes
- 32 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. Worchestershire sauce
- 1 can chopped mushrooms
- approximately 6 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions
Put a layer of uncooked noodles in the bottom a 13x9 dish. Mix cottage cheese, eggs, salt, and parsley. Spread 1/3 of this mixture over the noodles. Brown beef; drain. Add spaghetti sauce along with water, worchestershire sauce, and mushrooms. Simmer a few minutes. Spread 1/3 meat sauce over the cottage cheese layer, top with mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers; 3 layers in all. Cover with foil. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees F. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Dal said...

I'm gonna give this one a try over the weekend- I just LOVE lasagna!

Anonymous said...

I hope you like it!